Smart solutions. Feather-light insulation layer achieves new tensile fabric applications.
Tensotherm™ with Lumira™ aerogel offers similar architectural benefits as PTFE fiberglass tensile fabric membrane, but with the added benefit of a feather-light translucent insulation layer. This layer, known as Lumira™ aerogel, developed by Boston-based Cabot Corporation, makes it the lightest and best insulator in the world. Tensotherm system is a composite of outer and inner layers of PTFE fiberglass fabric with a Lumira™ aerogel core.
- World’s lightest solid (95% air)
- World’s best insulating solid
- Highly translucent
- Hydrophobic – resists mold & mildew
- Outstanding acoustic dampening ability
Tensotherm - High efficiency insulated PTFE fiberglass membrane roofing combines all the advantages of tension membrane roofing plus:
- Fully insulated lightweight roof cladding to reduce substructure and foundation sizes versus all other systems of equal insulation value on the market.
- Fully insulated long span roof cladding to reduce construction durations and provide open spans.
- Fully insulated translucent roof cladding to maintain natural day lighting and reduce the need for artificial light.
- Fully insulated acoustical roof cladding eliminating the need for a secondary acoustical system.
- Superior insulation performance as Lumira™ aerogel: the lightest most efficient insulation on the market.
- Permanent performance: the combination of PTFE fiberglass and Lumira™ aerogel will perform the same in year 30 as in year 1.
An aerial thermograph is revealing Tensotherm’s robust insulating capabilities.